Monday, September 3, 2007

Quack Week

Spelling Words
Quack

Short a
1. back
2. sack
3. quack
4. Jack
5. Mack
6. pack
7. mad
8. sad
9. bad
10. glad
MATH:
· We will be finishing up chapter one.
* We'll have a chapter review for HW on Tuesday.
* Math test on Chapter 1 on Wednesday.
* We'll start chapter 2 on Thursday.
* HW: on T & TH

READING AND SPELLING:
· Our story is Quack. It is about a family moving.
· Language: Word Order in sentences
· Spelling Words: Short a
· Reading Skills: story comprehension, parts of a book, sequencing events, and the endings -s

OTHER NEWS:
This Week:
Monday – NO SCHOOL – Labor Day
Check your child’s group to see what homework they have each night.
Reading HW Groups:
* I made a paper for each reading group.
* Blue Cats, Green Apes, & Gray Dinosaurs
* Each night - each group will have a different thing for HW. This will remain the same all throughout the school year.
* Please sign every day that your child did their HW and that you have checked it.
* I will check their papers every day to make sure it was signed. Most days I will put a stamp over top of the signature so you know I saw it. If there is no stamp - it wasn't signed, your child forgot to give me the paper, or the slim chance that I didn't have time to do it.
* If the box isn't signed - they will miss 5 minutes of recess.
* If there is a special reason that is outside the normal things that the HW is not done - write a note.
* If you can't find the paper - Print off a new one. I have the group papers on this blog for you to view and print.
* However - no note, no excuses. They will miss recess time.
Daily Behavior Chart...
* This behavior calendar will stay in the red folder.
* Every day before the kids pack up - I tell them to color what kind of day they had.
* We will be filling out a planner each day.
* Check to see what kind of day your child had!
* If it isn't colored - your child did not follow the directions at the time they were told to color it in. They need to be coloring it in every day. It is apart of the pack-up routine.
* They will color it green if they had a good day.
* If they had to flip cards they will color it Yellow, Orange or Pink.
* Look for a note if it is orange or pink.