Reading Quack:
As a class today, we read the story quack. I tried to upload it to You Tube and my blog....however....the file was too big. =( We will try it again tomorrow. We should be able to read it a tad faster tomorrow so hopefully it will be a smaller file size! I was disappointed!!
Behavior Note:
Every parent should have received a note about behavior today. Today was a tough day on listening and following directions. It seemed like every time I turned around or was teaching - there were SEVERAL students that were goofing around, were off-task, talking to others, interrupting, etc.
The kids had several warnings and we had to put learning on hold today due to many interruptions. Please sign the note , so I know that you got it, and have your child sign it. I hope that tomorrow is a better day! =)
I keep on reminding the kids that we get all of our work done for that day, that is when we get extra rewards, extra recess, free time, play time, etc. I want to reward them for a job well done! Hopefully tomorrow we can do just that!
...........................................................................................
On another note...
Reading HW:
*Until this routine is down pat.....please help your child get their school bag ready. I think it will take some practice, lots of practice, for the first graders ready to become more independent.
*Kids are having a hard time being responsible for their HW, reading book, HW paper, etc. I think it will take practice and parents & me working together to get the kids on track.
* Make sure your child has finished their HW for each day.
* Check the colored reading group paper (Blue Cats, Gray Dinosaurs, or Green Apes) to see what the HW was.
* The kids had several reminders to put their HW in their mailbox and to check their mailbox.
* As soon as I give them their work - I am telling them to put their work away right then.
* When your child finishes their HW, sign the paper, and put it back in the red folder so it gets to school!!!
Thank you so much for your
help and support to getting
our first graders on track
to being a good listener and student!